Question 1: What immediate mobility challenges are you facing right now?
- There are not enough biking lanes for cyclists. I am forced to use greenways only. Nashville lacks bike/cyclist protections.
- Nashville lacks contiguous sidewalks. Sidewalks don’t connect neighborhoods and some neighborhoods don’t even have sidewalks
- Public transportation should be run on renewable energy
- Lack of lighting on Charlotte Pike for early AM school attendance. Dangerous walking conditions for students attending the International Academy.
- Leaving the mosque parking lot is a challenge @ Charlotte (7337)
- Safety and security of children @ private school
- Speeding cars past the school/mosque
- Lack of public transit (bus) for school kids
- Living on Hwy 70 and wanting to go to Walmart? You’d have to go all the way downtown first and then get on Charlotte Ave route to get there. Lack of connection / crosstown routes in the bus system. The centralized hub makes it challenging to make the bus make sense for most people.
- Afghan refugees lack access to transit as they have a lack of personal vehicles. They are all spread out across Dickerson Pike, Smyrna, etc.
- The two large shopping centers in West Nashville (Nashville West, Bellevue Plaza, Walmart, Lowes, Home Depot) are not connected.
- Lack of reliability and connectivity in the bus network
- Safety- The bus stops and the downtown WeGo Central are not safe. You might need an actual officer present. Comments about drug use, unclean smells, and stops at Central and other stops.
Question 2: What are some solutions that you would propose to help alleviate some of these concerns?
- Circular bus route connecting the neighborhoods/ areas of Nashville together
What Would You Fund?
- Crosstown Routes 100%
- Higher Frequency Bus Routes 90%
- Transit Priority Corridors 70%
- Neighborhood Transit Centers 60%
- Pedestrian Infrastructure 60%
- Greenways 40%
- Traffic Signalization 30%
- Affordable Housing 20%
- Park and Rides 20%
- Expanded Bus Service Hours 20%
- Traffic Calming 20%
- Regional Transit Solutions 10%
- Protected Bike Lanes 0%